My Xbox360 won't play disc!!!! [Solved/Closed]

Vegivamp69 - Aug 9, 2009 at 06:06 AM - Latest reply: nikki
- Jun 14, 2013 at 07:45 PM
Xbox 360/Xbox One Report Reply to this topic
Hello,

My Xbox screen after loading the disc turns into DVD screen and display message like" Attemting to read media" and nothing happens. Happenned with games like " Prototype" " Call of Juarez: BIB"...pls can some body help?
See more

17 replies

+46
Helpful
dont listen to the other plugs I work for microsoft. throw your xbox off the 20th floor of an apartment building, make sure it makes 10 360s on the way down or else this method will fail. If it breaks its not my fault, blame microsoft!!!!!!
Was this answer helpful?
wow your cool buddy!!!!!!!
+45
Helpful
I went straight to Microsoft xbox website. Their solution worked for us when our xbox would not play discs. Go to settings. Then select memory. Highlight any storage device and press "Y". Do not select "A". Select "Clear System Cache". Perform Maintenance, click "Yes". Next try your game to see if it works. When you play your games, data will be restored. Go to Microsoft XBOX troubleshooting if you have problems.
Just tried this, worked straight away :)
+34
Helpful
Hi,
i have been dealing with the same problem for a long time. But I found a fix!!! (at least for me)
Both, however, require you to open your xbox dvd drive which will void any warranties you have.
you need to:

1. clean dvd lens carefully with q-tip and rubbing alcohol.

2. lube rail that dvd laser slides on, and the bronze track that the motor turns.
(i used gun oil but any good lube will work. DO NOT USE WD-40!!! or any spray like it)

This worked for me, if you try it I hope it works.
+15
Helpful
i replased my xbox lazer and it is still onlyreading the cleaner cd
+14
Helpful
the only thing you can do is get a new disk drive this is hapenning to my xbox right now. (or get a new laser or clean your laser with a soft cloth
+13
Helpful
Clearing the cache worked for me
+7
Helpful
i have tried that and I asked and it work for them
+7
Helpful
the only way of fixing this is to buy a new dvd rom disk drive unit,
its the games rom reader is burnt out
hatesLOOSERS - Apr 26, 2010 at 02:15 PM
+4
Helpful
UPDATE YOU SYSTEM ON LIVE!! WITHOUT THE GAME IN THE DRIVE OF COURSE!!
Then clean your lense aswell
+3
Helpful
well I would recommend you ring up where you got it from like if you got it from some shop like a asda or something like that to see if they can recommend anything for you or ring up microsoft to see if your warranty is still valid because they give you a free 1 year warranty so if you haven't had it for 1 year send it back and they will repair it or send you a replacement thats how I did mine and its worked fine ever since
+2
Helpful
hay happened to me you need to buy hard drive disk scleener like 10 $
deepbreathe 1635 Posts Wednesday May 13, 2009Registration date October 16, 2010 Last seen - Aug 9, 2009 at 07:52 AM
Helpful
hi there,

your disk may be damaged

use other cd

if still the same issue

then use a lens cleaner

Thanks
Thanks Deepbreathe........for the response......well.....what kinda lens cleaner should one use...is there a specific one for Xbox......?
Hey there,

Thanks for the response....well....can the issue be of the Software upgrade...since the shop where I bought the console said so.....pls advice..thanks
Im having the same problem! look u gotta do all of the tips mentioned and u gotta make sure you have the latest update for your system!
I just logged into live and it automatically fixed my problem!